#1, 755-13th Street
Invermere, BC, V0A 1K0
“Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food” ~ Hippocrates
Healthy nutrition is the cornerstone of good health. Unfortunately, few people are aware of, or follow, healthy eating guidelines.
A healthy diet can contribute to the prevention of a wide range of health conditions, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes mellitus, the three leading disease-related causes of illness and death in the developed world.
Scientific evidence for the benefit of nutritional interventions in prevention and treatment of illness has been conclusively verified via thousands of studies. Common examples include:
- Folic acid for the prevention of birth defects
- Fish oil for prevention of heart disease
- Vitamin C for recovery from common cold
- Probiotics (“good bacteria”) for reduction of irritable bowel disease symptoms
- Soy isoflavones for reduction of menopausal symptoms
Nutritional treatment may be as simple as creating an individualized eating program or the prescription of specific nutrients or nutritional supplements (orthomolecular medicine) to promote and optimize function.